When you’re selling a flip that has a “cozy” bathroom, you may be worried about it being a turn-off to prospective buyers. The good news is that there are a few things you can do to make a small bathroom appear larger (and more useful), thereby making it more appealing to prospective buyers. This guide explains.
How to Make a Small Bathroom More Attractive to Prospective Buyers
Check out these five tips to make a small bathroom more attractive to prospective buyers:
- Let there be light
- Use a big mirror
- Put up some neutral art
- Add built-in shelving
- Keep the countertops clear
Here’s a closer look at each.
Tip #1 to Make a Small Bathroom More Attractive: Let There Be Light
A small bathroom can always benefit from good lighting. In addition to making the space appear brighter and more welcoming, good lighting will also make the bathroom appear larger. One way to add light is to install a skylight. If that’s not possible or practical, then you can try adding some extra light fixtures.
People tend to like softer lights better in the bathroom, so steer clear of bright white, industrial-style lights. Instead, opt for LEDs that give off a warm, soft light.
Tip #2 to Make a Small Bathroom More Attractive: Use a Big Mirror
Using a big mirror is one of the simplest and most effective ways to make a small bathroom appear larger. It’s an optical illusion that works like this: when you have a big mirror in a small space, it reflects back the existing space and makes the room appear much larger. It’ll also make it brighter (because the mirror will reflect any existing light sources).
Tip #3 to Make a Small Bathroom More Attractive: Put Up Some Neutral Art
Adding some art to the bathroom is a great way to add personality and make it feel more like a home. But when you’re selling a flip, it’s best to steer clear of anything too personal or controversial. Instead, choose something neutral that will appeal to a wide range of people.
Tip #4 to Make a Small Bathroom More Attractive: Add Built-In Shelving
If your small bathroom doesn’t have any built-in shelving, then consider adding some. This is a great way to make the most of a small space because it allows you to add storage without taking up too much floor space.
Tip #5 to Make a Small Bathroom More Attractive: Keep the Countertops Clear
When you’re selling a flip, it’s important to keep all surfaces (including countertops) clean and clear. This will make the space appear more spacious and inviting. You don’t even want decorative pieces on the counter; stick to a luxury soap pump and leave it at that.
Other Tips to Make a Small Bathroom Look Bigger
Here are a few additional – and also important – tips to make a small bathroom look bigger:
- Keep your colors light. Light colors make rooms appear larger, and they give people a more favorable impression of a space.
- Don’t use busy or loud designs. Whether it’s wallpaper or a shower curtain, busy and loud designs make a space feel cluttered – and that’s the last thing you want in a small bathroom.
- Choose a glass shower door. If you have the option, go with a glass shower door instead of a shower curtain. It will make the space feel more open and airy.
- Backlight the mirror. This is a great way to add some extra light to the space and make it appear larger.
- Install a pocket door. If you have the space, a pocket door is a great way to save space in a small bathroom.
- Use the same tile on the floors, on the walls, and in the shower. This will make the space feel more cohesive – and larger.
- Add a shower shelf. A shower shelf is a great way to add storage and make the most of a small space. Even better, consider carving a niche out in the shower wall; it saves even more room for your buyers.
- Consider installing a corner sink. A corner sink takes up less space and makes the bathroom appear larger.
Do You Need a Hard Money Loan?
Paces Funding is the top hard money lender in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. Apply for a hard money loan here or click through our site to find out how we can help you now!