When it comes to renovating a property, every real estate investor has his or her own system. However, any house flipping veteran will tell you that some areas of the home require immediate attention while other projects can wait.
Here’s a quick 4-stage breakdown that will keep your operations running smoothly at all times so that you can pass inspections.
Stage 1: Laying the Groundwork for Future Construction
- Have all of your blueprints, permits, and land surveys ready.
- Be sure to order a portable dumpster and portable toilet for the construction workers.
- Repair the house’s foundation.
- Check for mold and pests.
- Inspect all of the trees, and remove any showing signs of advanced rot.
- Address the septic system problems, if any.
Stage 2: Getting Ready for the First Wave of Inspections
- Fix the windows and window panes.
- Make any changes to the roofing, specifically to the gutters, shingles and the soffits.
- Replace the siding of the house if needed.
- Early stages of electrical work and plumbing.
- Prepare the heating and air conditioning systems.
Stage 3: Turning the House Into a Home
- Install any exterior additions such as decks, porches, or a garage.
- Put in the insulation (and prepare to have it thoroughly inspected).
- Install the wall trimming.
- Set up a fireplace.
Stage 4: The Home Stretch
- Add finishing touches such as the interior and exterior paint.
- Don’t forget to implement your landscaping plans from Stage 1.
- Cabinets, flooring and countertops go in last to avoid unnecessary damage.
- The appliances need to be hooked up.
- Finish the electrical work, plumbing, and HVAC system installation from stage 2.
Are You an Investor Who Needs a Hard Money Loan in Atlanta?
If you’re an investor who needs a hard money loan in Atlanta, we might be able to help you.
While you’re here, check out:
You can even apply for a hard money loan online.
If you have questions, feel free to call us at 404-814-1644 or get in touch with us online. We’re here to help you make the most of your investments.