Should You Install Cork Flooring in Your Flip?
Have you ever walked on a cork floor? It’s almost as springy as carpet, but has the look of polished wooden flooring. With a bit of time and imagination, unique patterns and designs can be achieved by playing with cork flooring in different shades. But is it right for your flip?
- Consider using cork flooring in kids’ rooms. It is both durable and soft, perfectly designed for a bit of rough and tumble.
- It’s a great insulator. If there’s a particularly cold room you’re looking to insulate from all angles, cork flooring is infinitely better than tiles, wood and even laminate options.
- Allergies are no longer a problem. While carpet is a magnet for hair and dust that are a nightmare for allergy sufferers, cork is hypoallergenic. Because it is completely sealed when installed, it’s also far easier to keep clean than any carpet.
- You’re saving the world. Cork is an environmentally friendly way to finish your floors – it is actually made from the bark of trees, and harvested in such a way that the tree isn’t damaged and the cork grows back in a few years. It’s the ultimate sustainable material.
- Installing couldn’t be easier. Most cork comes in tile-form with simple peel-and-stick backing and can be cut to fit into awkward corners with a standard utility knife.
There are some downsides to cork flooring – it is pricier than other options, but it will last longer. Because it’s so soft it can be damaged easily – but it’s also easy to just pull up a damaged tile and replace it. It isn’t ideal for use in very humid areas because water can cause cork to buckle and bend, and over time it can fade in direct sunlight.
However, it is the best product for certain rooms and situations, and should definitely be considered for your flip.
Do You Need a Hard Money Loan?
Don’t be fooled by our competitors. We are the TOP hard money lender in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Nashville, TN. Apply for a hard money loan here or click through our site to find out how we can help you now!