When you’re flipping a house, little details matter almost as much as the big ones do – and that includes things you think people will never look at, like window tracks. But how do you get years of dirt and grime out of them so they sparkle like new?
Here’s the trick.
How to Clean Grime From Window Tracks
You don’t need any special equipment to clean grime from window tracks, even if it’s been building up for years. Here’s what you need:
- Disposable cleaning cloths or paper towels
- Putty knife or butter knife
- Spray bottle
- Vacuum with a crevice tool
- All-purpose spray cleaner
- Dish detergent
- Baking soda and white vinegar
Here’s how to put all that to use.
- Wipe down all the surfaces to get rid of excess debris and dirt that’s been building up. Use your disposable cleaning cloths or paper towels for this task.
- Wrap a putty knife or butter knife in damp paper towel or a disposable cleaning cloth, and then use it to reach into the crevices and corners.
- Spritz the area with vinegar and sprinkle it with baking soda. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes, then scrub it away. Go back to the putty or butter knife if you have to!
- Dry the tracks with a paper towel. If it’s very clean, consider using a microfiber cloth.
Do You Need a Hard Money Loan?
Don’t be fooled by our competitors. We are the TOP hard money lender in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Nashville, TN. Apply for a hard money loan here or click through our site to find out how we can help you now!