How To Be A Landlord Your Tenants Brag About On Social Media
Want to fill your rental units? There really are ways to become the kind of landlord that has current tenants essentially marketing your vacancies on social media. Obviously, building a good, trusting relationship with tenants takes time, but there certainly are ways to speed things up a bit. Here are some ways to become the type of landlord that tenants will brag about on social media.
- Remember your tenants’ names and use them.
- Remember that first job in customer service? Treat your tenants like the customers they are.
- Today’s tenants expect prompt return texts. Give them your cell number. Text back as soon as you can. If you’re not a frequent texter, just communicate that with them. Let them know the best way to get ahold of you.
- If you aren’t always available, make sure that they have the number of a backup person they can call or text if they need something.
- Always follow through on your promises, which means never promising something you can follow through on.
- Make repairs in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean building both inside and outside.
- Create picturesque areas of the property they can be proud of and post on social media.
- Create outdoor spaces for entertaining, BBQs, and relaxing.
- Create a Facebook group for announcements, events, and questions.
- Create a website for your tenants and become a resource for resources. Know what is out there. Does your county offer a group prescription discount? Make sure to let them know on the website. Do you have an in on a great agent for renters’ insurance? Pass that info along.
- Introduce your tenants to other friendly tenants.
- If you find local coupons, pin them to a community corkboard or pass them along directly.
- Host a monthly movie night.
- Host a monthly BBQ.
- Accept payment by Venmo, PayPal or other web platforms.
Are You Looking for a Hard Money Loan to Flip a House Or Buy A Rental Property?
Paces Funding is a hard money lender offering hard money loans to purchase and renovate non-owner occupied residential and commercial properties throughout the Atlanta, Nashville, Florida, or the North and South Carolina metropolitan areas. Our application process for hard money loans is easy. Just fill out this very simple online form and you will be contacted shortly. Unlike other lenders, the window between applying and funding is very small. We have funded properties in as a little as one day, but typically funding hard money loans takes about seven to ten days.
Call us at 404-814-1644 or contact us online to find out whether you might qualify for this type of funding. In the meantime, check to ensure that you meet our loan criteria. Our loan amounts can be up to 65 percent of the after-repaired value of the collateral—and if you use the loan for renovation or construction, the loan amount can be based on the collateral’s improved value.