When you’re flipping houses for a living, you already know that it’s your job to deliver on what buyers want.
And right now, that’s bathroom storage.
Built-In Bathroom Storage: What You Need to Know for Your Flip
Built-in bathroom storage helps sell houses. Space is at a premium in these rooms, which are typically the smallest in the house, and buyers are always looking for ways to get the most out of what they have.
Rather than investing in a walk-in shower and a luxury tub (although those can be huge money-makers for investors, too), think about adding built-in storage by way of cabinets, closets and shelving that you won’t find in many homes.
Check out these ideas:
- Create a small closet between studs in the wall. The shelves only have to be 6 inches deep, where the new owners can store extra toiletries, bottles and rolled towels. Put a door over it to complete the look.
- Recess the toilet paper holder and add a small shelf above it.
- Remove the medicine cabinet and replace it with open built-in shelving.
- Put a pull-out bin in the linen closet so the new owners can use it for laundry.
- Turn a shower wall into storage shelving.
- Put recessed shelves in the shower. Like the small closet mentioned above, the shelves only need to be 6 inches deep – but make sure they’re tall enough to hold extra-large shampoo and conditioner bottles. Put one on each side of the shower head for max effect!
- Create hidden pull-out shelving where you’d ordinarily see a cabinet. Pull-outs are easy for people to organize and access all their items, so buyers love them.
- Add small shelves to the sides of cabinetry and extend the countertop over them.
Are You Thinking of Getting a Hard Money Loan?
Don’t be fooled by our competitors. We are the TOP hard moneylender in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Nashville, TN. Apply for a hard money loan here or click through our site to find out how we can help you now!