With TV shows boosting the popularity of house-flipping as a business, people who ordinarily wouldn’t have ventured into real estate investment territory are jumping on the bandwagon.
But if you’ve been in the business for a while, you know this isn’t a get-rich-quick scenario. You know that you still need to find the best deals, but the market is getting crowded with investors who aren’t… well, aren’t as invested as you are.
So what do you do?
Finding Turn-Key Homes in a Seller’s Market
Like most real estate investors, you may find that Atlanta flips are hard to come by. Asking prices for homes are often too high to show you a return on investment.
When it’s a seller’s market, it’s time to get creative.
- Don’t rely solely on the MLS. Foreclosures and homes with low asking prices go quickly.
- Go grassroots by knocking on doors, finding “for sale by owner” homes, and searching for pre-foreclosures.
- Expand your territory — look for homes that are just off the beaten path.
- Shift focus to quantity rather high-value returns; don’t turn up your nose at smaller profits.
- Team up with an experienced real estate professional who has an extensive contact list.
Do You Need a Hard Money Lender in Atlanta?
If you’re looking for a hard money loan in Atlanta, we may be able to help you.
Call us at 404-814-1644 or contact us online to find out whether you might qualify for this type of funding. In the meantime, check to ensure that you meet our loan criteria. Our loan amounts can be up to 65 percent of the after-repaired value of the collateral—and if you use the loan for renovation or construction, the loan amount can be based on the collateral’s improved value.
Read our frequently asked questions and take a few minutes to learn about the hard money loan process.